Monday 29 April 2013

Boston: The Tsarnaev family

Father Of Boston Bombing Suspects Abandons Plans To See Wounded Son, Bury Another



April, 2013


Having lost your older son in an stand off with the police, the younger one gravely wounded and recently moved to maximum security prison, while 28 alleging both have been set up by the FBI in the recent Boston Marathon bombing, what do you do? Abandon all plans to see them, apparently, despite announcing just a few days ago that burying your dead and "finding out the truth" is the main priority. At least that is that case if you are Anzor Tsarnaev, father of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects. From Reuters: "The father of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects has abandoned plans to travel to the United States to bury one son and help in the defense of the other, he told Reuters on Sunday in an interview in southern Russia."

Anzor Tsarnaev said he believed he would not be allowed to see his surviving son Dzohkhar, who was captured and has been charged in connection with the April 15 bomb blasts that killed three people and wounded 264.

"I am not going back to the United States. For now I am here. I am ill," Tsarnaev said. He agreed to the face-to-face interview on condition that his location in the North Caucasus, a string of mainly Muslim provinces in southern Russia, not be disclosed.

"Unfortunately I can't help my child in any way. I am in touch with Dzhokhar's and my own lawyers. They told me they would let me know (what to do)," he said.
Tsarnaev had said in the North Caucasus province of Dagestan on Thursday that he planned to travel to the United States to see Dzkhokhar and bury his elder son, Tamerlan, who was shot dead by police in a firefight four days after the bombings.

Rewind back to Thursday

Banging the table in front of him, Anzor said: "I am going to the United States. I want to say that I am going there to see my son, to bury the older one. I don't have any bad intentions. I don't plan to blow up anything. "I am not angry at anyone. I want to go find out the truth," said Anzor, who took off his sunglasses only when photographers asked him to.

He said he would go as soon as possible but that he had not yet bought a plane ticket.

Apparently finding out the truth is no longer high on the list of Anzor's priorities.

And the obligatory stock photo from an "undisclosed location in north Caucasus".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.